I received this recipe from one of the online forums that I belong to – I tried it at work yesterday and it worked!! The result was delicious and the whole floor smelled like a bakery for a while. The cake was a bit on a dry side, since the microwave at the office is pretty powerful (1100W), so perhaps I should’ve toned down the power or lessened the cooking time. But here it is for everybody’s enjoyment …
Chocolate Cake in a Mug – in 5 Minutes!
Here’s a recipe for a quick chocolate cake – just in time for morning coffee!
4 tablespoons cake (self-raising) flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
1 microwave-safe mug
- Place flour, sugar and cocoa in mug and mix together
- Break egg into mug and mix
- Add milk and oil and mix well
- Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000 watt)
- Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug
- Tip contents out of mug onto a saucer and enjoy!
I made another one as my evening tea just now and it was as good as the previous one even though my microwave is 650W only. I added another minute for good measure. I also added some cinnamon to the mix as I love cinnamon. Mmmmm – good cake!