This has always been one of my favourites from back ‘home’ and I discovered that it’s actually really easy to make!
- 500g glutinous rice flour
- 50g tapioca flour
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 3 cups of desiccated coconut
- 2 cups of castor sugar
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of melted margarine or butter
- Beat the egg whites and sugar until it is thick and creamy.
- Add the coconut milk
- Add the glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour, desiccated coconut and vanilla essence. Fold the ingredients until they are mixed well together.
- Add some water to thin the mixture if required. It should not be too thick and not too runny either.
- Grease a flat casserole dish and pour the mixture in.
- Bake the mixture in the oven (180C) until done (in my experience, it took about 20 to 30 minutes). Prepare the glaze by mixing the melted margarine and 2 egg yolks together.
- Remove the cake from the oven and brush the glaze mixture over the surface. Place the cake back into the oven for an extra 15 minutes.